Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Retail Therapy

I have some big news to share with you.
I bought a camera.
That might not sound like a big deal to you - but believe me, it is. I have been making due with my small and pink (!) pocket camera for way too long. In fact, all of the pictures on the blog, on Facebook and even some of the photos on the Shop are with that dinky camera. I learned how to use the manual settings, and honestly tried my hardest, but I felt it just wasn't working out anymore, and if I want to take everything to the next level, I cannot put off buying a camera any more.
So I bought a new camera. And it was expensive.
I came out of the store a little shaky. Mostly b/c I was excited, but also b/c I was kind of shocked at how much I had just spent on myself. And then I thought about all of these other times I had treated myself to something expensive, or asked for a crazy gift. Something I could do without. That I didn't REALLY need.

My Kitchen Aid. Honestly, the person who said diamonds are a girls best friend obviously didn't own a Kitchen Aid. Every time I walk by it, I give it a little pat, it's just that beautiful.

 

Sandals I bought in London. I was so pregnant at the time, and so sad I couldn't try anything on, and then I saw these shoes and tried them on and they made me feel so much better about myself.


My leather bag from Forestbound. When I turned 30 I decided it was time for a big girl bag, as opposed to all of the cheap-o ones I had had up till then.

 

And then there was that one time where I decided I needed a silver sequined pillow for our living room. As I went looking for the right kind of fabric and everything was so expensive, I felt kind of bad that I was spending that  much on a pillow that, honestly, was not going to be very comfortable. And now that I've sewn it and it's on display, I'm so happy I did. Sometimes I look at it all sparkly and shiny, and I smile. It always sparkles back.

 

Once in a while I take part in craft fairs, and I often hear people saying - 
Oh I love that! but I don't have any gifts to buy right now...
As if some things you can only buy as a gift - and not for yourself.
For some reason many of us are unwilling to treat ourselves, just because.
But spending money on ourselves - and it doesn't have to be a lot, it can be something small that we hadn't planned - does wonders for our self worth. Basically we're telling ourselves - you are good enough, you deserve this!
What can I say, I'm still on a high from my new camera. And I strongly urge you - go treat yourself! Buy yourself that necklace, something pretty for your home, go out for dinner tonight - you are worth it!
Have a lovely week,
Elisheva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...