Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pop of Color

I've always been a very visual person. Memories are stored as movies in my head, my thoughts are like a photo album, and I have a knack for remembering faces - I'll often recognize someone on the street who once rode the bus with me.
A lot of my memories are associated with color. I remember what I wore on a certain occasion, what color the room was, the dishes, the food.... This might sound funny, but when my niece asks my brother to tell her stories about his childhood, he send her to me - telling her the stories will be more accurate if I tell her his childhood memories.
Colors remind me of emotions, experiences, people and objects.
I decided to photograph some of my designs by color stories, and see what memories they spark. It was a pretty cool experiment,  and I am really happy with the outcome.

 
In this photo: Linen Napkin, Candlestick Stack, Butter Board, Graphic Coasters. See more here

Pink Remind Me Of....
A summer dress twirling in the wind, my mothers dishes on a rack, a walk in the park, the wallpaper on my childhood bedrooms walls, summer fruit, a babies blanket.

 
In this photo: Linen Napkin, Candlestick Stack, Butter Board, Graphic Coasters. See more here

Blue Remind Me Of....
My sisters room, the beach and the pool, summer camp shirts, winter rain, excitement before a long flight, the flight that never ends, first earrings, ponytail holders (the chunky kind) 

 
In this photo: Linen Napkin, Candlestick Stack, Butter Board, Graphic Coasters. See more here

Black and White Reminds Me Of....
Holiday dinner, old movies, fancy dishes, newspapers by the door after the weekend, dripping ice cream, chocolate cheesecake.

And once you combine the colors together, all of the emotions and feelings mix- you don't even know why you feel something specific - and why it was triggered. And you keep trying to perfect the amounts and the relations between the color until something clicks. 
Here. Just like that.

 
In this photo: Linen Napkin, Candlestick Stack, Butter Board, Graphic Coasters. See more here

And because it's summer vacation here in Israel, my eldest (5 years old) is currently interning at Hook n' Loop design. When he saw what I was doing he wanted in on it - this is what he collected in his room. I helped him organize it.

 
In this photo: A ton of toy cars, Cookie Monster, Grover, and some random elephant puppets.

How about you? Do you remember by color? Or is it something else?
Let me know in the comments below.
All of what you see here can be purchase at www.hooknloopdesign.com or on my Etsy store - www.etsy.com/shop/hooknloopdesign
Have a wonderful week and meet me again here next week,
Elisheva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...