Monday, April 15, 2013

Happy Birthday - To the Blog






How exciting is this?! My first Blog post... Well, technically I have been blogging for about three months, but seeing as I live in Israel, it is in Hebrew.  Now that I have been getting a whole lot of traffic to my Studio Site  from outside of Israel,  I decided to start blogging in English too.
Let me tell you a little bit about myself - Elisheva (I guess that's the equivalent to Elizabeth) Manekin, Industrial Designer,  Mother of two, hostess. I live, dream, and breathe design, and love surrounding myself with beautiful things. I design modern and chic homeware that helps you achieve that effortless style you crave for your home from the comfort of my small trailer (yup, I live in a trailer, but it's temporary until we finish building our house:) in a super rural area of Southern Israel.
What can you expect to find on this blog?
Tips and tricks for entertaining with style, DIY ideas to transform simple dishes into "WOW, you made that?!" dishes, interior design that makes my heart pitter patter, plenty of inspiration, and some behind the scenes of how I live and create.
So let's get started, shall we?


I thought it would be appropriate celebrate with a homemade dessert, but I was lacking in time (=a nice way of saying lazy), I ended up faking it. How does one achieve that homemade look without all the hassle? I'm glad you asked.
Here's what you'll need : store bought muffins/cupcakes, whip cream, and some form of sprinkles.
Here's what you do: Whip the cream (I use my Kitchen Aid but any hand held mixer will do. Of course you can buy whip cream, but it is NOT the same as the home whipped kind, and it really is not too much work to make some on your own). Take the cupcakes out of their package. Spoon a dollop of cream onto each cupcake, add a couple of sprinkles and - you're done! I like to serve these on a trivet from the studios collection (out of stock) with a cup of coffee.


So why does this work? The whip cream heaped on the cupcake makes it seem effortless, and scattering the sprinkles in no particular order help achieve that half homemade half boutique-y look. It's kind of like that skinny girl who just threw on a pair of jeans and a white T-shirt and looks amazing... You never want to look like you're trying too hard.


So, do you have any great ideas for faux - homemade desserts? Do you know any annoyingly good looking girls who don't even try? Let me know in the comments below!
I'd love to see you again, and I'd love it even more if you sign up to the mailing list.
Until next time,
Elisheva


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...